Monday, October 22, 2007

Miracles and Milestones

BS"D Yom Chamishi, 6 Cheshvan 5768/18 October 2007, Thursday

My husband and I are not kids. I have been wanting to make aliyah since 1990; and he slowly but surely has become as obsessed as I. And now we are here.

----------------

Dani, who is 13, approached me during the lightning and thunder and rain last night. "Ema, was it you or Abba who told me to daven for rain? With extra kavanah, because now we live in Eretz Yisrael?" I couldn't remember. "Dani, maybe it was both of us." "Ema," he said, with shining eyes,"I davened with a lot of kavanah, and look! It's RAINING!" Kids "get it" better than we do.

----------------

The boys are quite excited about traveling to Jerusalem by themselves. We could never give them this much freedom in Baltimore. Today was their second day of finding their way around. Yesterday, big brother Josh (who made aliyah in 2005, and thus is a few steps ahead of us) showed them where not to go, and what not to do, in the City of Gold.

No comments: