Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Shavuot Song: Ahavat Yisrael

Yom revi'i, 4 Sivan 5769, Erev Erev Shavuot.



My name is Ruth.

Whither thou goest, I will go.

I have been seeking a place among this Holy People my whole life.

I have been included  

 warmly, lovingly, laughingly, approvingly 

 lo these twenty years.

There is nothing so sweet as seeking a home for one's neshama, and finding it.

There is nothing so satisfying as hungering for a thing, and attaining it.

The love I am permitted to have for every Jew comes from wanting it so before acquiring it.

This is what I would share with you.

This is what it can be to be a ger among Hashem's Holy Nation.

Even born among this people, you can fall in love with it 

 just by making yourself into a ger.

Where you lodge, I will lodge.  Your people are my people, and your God is my God.

Thank you, Hashem, for bringing me home to Your People, and to Your Land!



Glossary:

Shavuot:  the holiday of the giving of the Torah
Neshama:  soul
Ger:  convert

4 comments:

baruchbruce said...

Not a bad idea to Ger our Neshama.Baruch

David Eastman said...

a poetic delight! a quite splendid blend of words. like a waterfall of wisdom pouring through our hearts and into our souls! the message is an important one indeed! i love your work.

sandra said...

I'm so happy for you. Have a wonderful Shavuos. Love, ooo Sandra

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your heart, always inspiring with loving direction. I'm happy to follow your lead! Good Yom Tov & Good Shabbos!