Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Holy Queen Esther Coffee Mug -- Get 'em while they're hot!

Yom revi'i, 22 Adar 5769.

 Ahhhhhhh...  Just settling down to my morning coffee, which tastes just a little better these days.

According to Egyptian cleric Safwat Higazi, Starbucks Coffee has been using its "siren" logo to promote Jewish history's lovely Queen Esther

Who knew?  All this time, I thought it was a picture of a mermaid.    (I guess Queen Esther is just preparing a couple of really nice salmon for Maahi Kabab for Shabbat.)

 
Thank you, Safwat Higazi, for bringing to the world's attention that Starbucks is as holy as all those folks on line at the airport coffee shops have always said it was.  I will never again make fun of someone who orders a Venti Grande Macchiato Cappuccino with a Quad.
Don't I always say that the first cup of coffee in the morning deserves it's very own bracha?
Hat tip to Charlie Shrem for sharing the memri.org article.
Another good article on this subject is by Melanie Phillips, entitled "The Protocols of the Elders of Coffee." My favorite line is "Ah yes, Starbucks: home of the Zionist genocidal apartheid bean."    
Kudos to my children in the States for rushing out and buying for me the Holy Queen Esther Coffee Mugs.  The coffee really does taste better now, guys.

4 comments:

rickismom said...

frankly, the way she's dressed, I suspect it is VASHTI!

rutimizrachi said...

Rickismom: Oh, there I go, assuming she is wearing a high-necked bodice and a very wavy sheitel, as befits such a public figure in Persia of her day. ;-) Live and learn, live and learn...

The Blogging Safta said...

When I saw the posting on Arutz 7 I laughed so much. I also thought the lady was a mermaid. Nice to know it is really 'Queen Esther'. Do they really think Jews control private businesses. Interesting that Starbucks couldn't make it in Israel with our lovely Queen as their emblem.

baruchbruce said...

Shalom Ruti, thank god for idiots who inspire you to write the wonderful things you do.